Assumptions: Quiksilver Revolution Tour
Twitter


MusicPlaylist
MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com


Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 23, 2006
Quiksilver Revolution Tour
It's not a revolt, It's a revolution.

Goes the tagline for the Quiksilver Revolution Tour, the skate, surf and music festival.It's a free event, just that you need to get your hand on passes. Basically, I went to see The Click 5, Live.
Seeing that I already have 2 passes, I went with my sis( who went home earlier, due to reasons that I'll mention later). Overall, it was a blast!

I went there kinda late to enjoy the whole event, reaching there at 6.30pm. As i arrived, i can see hellalot of people already cramming around there. Seeing that the Click 5 isn't going to play for any moment soon, my sis and I went walking around , looking at the skaters at the huge ramp. There were skateboarders busting some huge airs.

And then, Jean Postec @ The Flying Frenchman, went and get such a huge air, earning him his name. Right after that, he went and do the 720°. And he like totally nailed it the 2nd time he did it.



They were throwing freebies out, but i was too far away to get it :( . They threw Quiksilver caps, i wanted them.Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooozzz. Oh well, I can wait for next year. I'll bring a skateboard or something next time. Oh well..back to the ramp , the other skaters were going crazily high as well. Watching from the sideline was great, they were falling from such great heights, like this :-




Oh well, what's fun without some injuries. As professional skaters, they don't get injure by wearing safety gear and sorts. I stood there watching them skate until 1/2 hour later, they were going to stop skating and start the music. Now, this is what i came for.

They were going to start with a local band, One Buck Short. Well, this would be my third time seeing them live and was quite expecting a great performance and they were!The great performance was marred by those fucking idiots who decided to push around and started a 20 people push around, making a huge whole in the crowd.As the melee started in front of me ,i was left to block incoming people from crashing into the cute girls behind of me XD. As One buck short sang a few songs, the melee continued and fast forward, another band came up... Love Me Butch sang a few songs which i don't know.At this point, my sis got bored of waiting and she left.( She also got hit by a flying cup missle)I look up to the building on the right and i see 5 figures in the window and figured that must be the Click 5, watching us from afar .Then fast forward some more...some guys were surfing with the help from one of those jet skis, launching them at the peak of the wave...which I didn't take any picture of as I was too far away. 1/2 hour later some more, at roughly 9 o clock, the main attraction of the show was going to come out.Finally, Click 5!

They started the show with my all time favourite Click 5 song, Angel to you ( devil to me).. Sadly, i cranked up my cam abit too late , so i missed the whole starting :(


Btw, my cam sucks, so the whole thing's muffled and all the sorts. Just want to put it up for fun.( and also cause the bass took over all the sound XD)

Then they sang Pop princess which i didn't record cause i only have space for 10 minutes of videos ( i chose wisely.. i think) . That got everybody joining in the chorus.Then they started the greeting while everybody around me continued screaming like nutsos ( me included). Then they sang friday night,just the girl and a few more songs. Then they sang say good night, and then they walked off without singing Catch your wave.. so I was expecting them to come back to wrap up the show. And there they were coming back on stage with bottles in their hands, must be they got thirsty from singing :P. The keyboardist dude threw his bottle at us, getting me and a girl wet , but the bottle flew to god-knows-where. Then they started singing Catch your wave! Then it truely ended and everybody started moving .


On my way out , I think i saw Marxha but I didn't want to bother her and her friends so i continued walking. Some way or another i ended walking all the way to the Sunway Pyramid main entrance , so i called my mom to come fetch me.After saying goodbye to some girls, my mom came and i went home. And here's some more crappy videos just to get into the mood :P





[NOTE-I didn't want to mention the parts about me and the girl at the concert(not our school, so you'll never know who izzit *wink*, You didn't come here for love stories, so go read about the event instead XD]
[More Notes - A few more videos will be uploaded after it's done at youtube]


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG